It is rather inconvenient to manually add a large number of products at once to a Magento installation. Extension features:
Inserting products one by one will take a long time especially when speaking about hundreds or thousands of products.
We have already helped many of our clients make successful imports, and we are still improving the Magento import process by cutting all unnecessary steps. Our newly created extension will help you import your catalog into Magento system directly from Google Spreadsheets. This helps you make a lot of things easier, faster and more intuitive.
- Import Configurable Products.
- Import Bundle Products ( Added 29 April 2011 ) .
- Import Products with Custom Options.
- Import Products with Multiple Images ( Added 15 December 2010 )
- Add ALT Tags (Image labels) to images ( Added 18 February 2011 )
- Trim Option Values ( Added 21 February 2011 )
- Add Attribute Labels / Options on the fly from a Spreadsheet ( Added 27 February 2011 )
- Import categories on the fly from a Spreadsheet ( Added 18 March 2013 )
- 2013-03-31 : New Password required for Google ClientLogin to Authorize the extension Access to your Google Spreadsheets. Please follow steps to Enable Google 2-step verification
- 2012-01-16 : Googlespreadsheet.php updated because Google Changed the spreadsheet URL from "http://spreadsheets.google.com" to "https://spreadsheets.google.com".
- 2011-05-25 : Productimport.php updated (previously Productwithconfigurablesandcategories.php), Bug fix: error "SQLSTATE: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'value' cannot be null" returned whenever you try to update existing products.
- 2011-05-25 : Googlespreadsheet.php updated, now throws Magento exception with invalid Google credentials.
- 2011-05-25 : readme.text updated, Bug Fix: in Magento 188.8.131.52 and up, Users get empty page whenever they try to run advanced profiles.
How it works?
- We will provide you with an example of spreadsheet that you should upload as Google document.
- From Magento Administration, Click on "Magento Import" and then on the button "Download Feed". This will export and save the Google spreadsheet as a new file called (eg. productsFeed.csv located in /var/import/productsFeed.csv depends on your configuration).
- Once the feed is Exported and Saved. Go to System -> Import/Export -> Advanced Profiles.
- Run Profile
What are Google Spreadsheets?With Google Spreadsheets, you can easily create, share, and edit spreadsheets online. Here are a few specific things you can do:
- Import and export these file types: .xls, .csv, .txt and .ods. You can also export data to a PDF or an HTML file.
- Format your cells and edit formulas so you can calculate results and make your data look the way you want it.
- Chat in real time with others who are editing your spreadsheet.
- Embed a spreadsheet, or a section of a spreadsheet, in your blog or website.